WELCOME TO THE QUEEN
Home to Baton Rouge’s Most Royal Evenings
The most exquisite entertainment destination in the area, The Queen Baton Rouge offers dining, gaming and entertainment that is sure to make every moment an experience to remember.
- More than 100,000 square feet of the best in gaming, dining and entertainment found anywhere in the city.
- More than 700 gaming machines, 18 gaming tables and a variety of electronic tables.
- Dedicated smoking patio, LIT Casino & Bar, with more than 100 slot machines, 6 table games and a full-service bar
- Four delicious restaurants with options perfect for a quick fill or watching the latest sporting event.
- Flexible meeting and event space that includes three multi-purpose rooms as well as indoor space and an outdoor patio overlooking the Mississippi river.
- A state-of-the-art DraftKings Sportsbook featuring 20 betting kiosks, four over the counter betting windows, lounge-style seating, a 28-foot video wall and oversized high-definition TVs.
- New parking lot featuring wider parking spaces, additional lighting and a main entrance just steps from the gaming action.
- The city’s first land-based casino, The Queen Baton Rouge is within walking distance to Capitol Lake, Louisiana State Capitol and other landmark destinations.
OUR GENERAL MANAGER
Matthew Shehadi - General Manager
Matthew Shehadi brings more than 20 years of experience in the gaming and hospitality industries to his role as general manager of The Queen Baton Rouge. Shehadi has not only served in leadership roles throughout his career, but he is also educating future generations of industry professionals as an adjunct professor at University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV).
In his role, Shehadi oversees the day-to-day operations, working with team members throughout every department to ensure that all goals and needs are met. He fosters a supportive team culture and envisions spending his career furthering the casino's reputation for providing unparalleled guest service.
Shehadi began his career in the gaming industry working in guest services and player development. Throughout the years, he has held a variety of gaming positions, including slot guest service representative, director of operations, manager of planning and analysis and more. Prior to joining The Queen Baton Rouge, Shehadi served as vice president and assistant general manager at Station Casinos’ Boulder Station Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
Shehadi received a Master of Business Administration degree with an emphasis in sports management from Florida Atlantic University. Outside of work, he enjoys spending quality time with his wife by travelling and watching their son play baseball.